Just as our AWESOME shirt says, we believe in doing something awesome for someone today and every day. Because, let’s face it, the world could always use a little more awesome. You don’t have to buy someone an all-inclusive trip to the Bahamas to make their day. Sometimes it’s the little things that really make an impact. Whether that someone is your best friend, significant other, or a total stranger, here are some simple ideas for something awesome that you could do:
- Send some snail mail to an old friend. Emails are fun and all, but there’s something exciting and nostalgic about getting a piece of mail with your name on it that doesn’t have a credit card bill inside.
- Buy them their favorite candy, gum or soda on your next trip to the store. There’s just something about sugar that makes us smile.
- Put a coin in an expired parking meter. Getting a parking ticket sucks.
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive through. The $5 investment will make their day!
- Give food or clothes to the homeless. Not just money, but something practical that they need.
- Donate your old stuffed animals to a police or fire department. That’s right it’s time to part with Mr. Bear. The first responders will use him to calm frightened children during an emergency.
- Donate blood. You might be saving a life or three.
- Let someone go in front of you in line. Giving someone the gift of just five extra minutes in their day is priceless.
- Smile at a stranger. Don’t get creepy with it, but be sincere and kind.
- Tell someone that’s done something awesome for you that you really appreciate it! Validate the awesome. It will help spread it around.
These ideas may seem small, but sometimes that’s all it takes! You just never know when one little, random awesome thing you do for someone can brighten their whole day! So tell us… what’s something awesome you’ve done for someone today?